The "Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme for Young Professors and Researchers from Latin American Universities" was launched for the first time in January 2004.
This initiative, which offers grants to finance short-term research visits, aims at favouring mobility and academic exchange between the two regions, Europe and Latin America.
The Coimbra Group is an association of 39 European universities which promotes exchanges between European and Latin American researchers and academics. This call for applications for research visit grants is one of the ways in which exchanges are supported.
The following Coimbra Group universities are participating in the 2018/2019 edition of the scholarship programme:
• Eötvös Loránd University Budapest (Hungary)
• University of Coimbra (Portugal)
• University of Granada (Spain)
• Karl-Franzens University Graz (Austria)
• Friedrich Schiller University Jena (Germany)
• KU Leuven (Belgium)
• University of Padova (Italy)
• University of Poitiers (France)
• University of Salamanca (Spain)
• University of Siena (Italy)
• University of Tartu (Estonia)
1. Requirements for the applicants 1.1. To be a national of and currently resident in a Latin American country. Candidates already living and/or studying in Europe will not be considered. 1.2. To hold a university degree or equivalent. 1.3. To be linked as a professor or researcher to a Latin American University recognised as such by the authorities of the country. 1.4. To use the Coimbra Group Office electronic application process. Only one application per candidate will be accepted. 1.5. To submit online an Acceptance Letter/email from the tutor/partner with whom the work programme will be undertaken in the host institution. This document is mandatory. 1.6. To be born on or after 1 January 1978. 1.7. Previously selected candidates can apply for a second grant but they will not be prioritised.
2. Submission of Applications
The online application is available until 16 March 2018 midnight (Brussels time) on the Coimbra Group web site: (http://www.coimbra-group.eu/activities/scholarships). Applications should be submitted in English.
The dates and the structure of the visit which will be carried out in the academic year 2018-2019 at the host university will be agreed upon with the host tutor/partner university. All practical details concerning the mobility period, scholarship payment, certificates and visa procedures should be discussed with the host university and not with the Coimbra Group Office.