International Society of Limnology (SIL) recebe propostas para financiamento de projetos na área de limnologia.
The International Society of Limnology (SIL), founded in 1922, is the oldest and only international society entirely devoted to inland waters. Its mission is to further the study of all aspects of limnology, primarily through the organization of biennial congresses to promote scientific exchange among those pursuing purely academic research and those concerned with practical problems of inland waters, such as global warming, eutrophication, pollution, water supply and fishery. The Tonolli Fund Post-Graduate Fellowships in Limnology of SIL was created in 1985 through a request from Vittorio and Livia Tonolli, well known limnologists at the Istituto Italiano di Idrobiologia in Pallanza, Italy. The purpose of the Fund is to provide assistance to young limnologists of developing countries.
Subjects of highest priority for the Fund include:
- Cycling (biogeochemistry) of carbon, key nutrients, or other elements known to be important to inland waters;
- Studies of the production of either plant, animal, or microbial biomass and the factors that regulate production;
- Studies of community composition, biodiversity, or factors that regulate these attributes of inland waters;
- Analytical or comparative studies of physical, chemical, or biotic processes in streams, rivers, or wetlands.
Data Limite Applications can be sent at any time: awards are made during July and applications are due in June.
Elegibilidade Can apply:
- Young limnologists of developing countries;
- Students who are taking postgraduate degrees (MS, MSc, PhD) in the field of limnology;
- Young limnologists who have just received an advanced degree and are in need of funds to support research, or of local limnological projects or mechanics involving more than one limnologist.
Benefícios US$500.00 to US$2,000.00 for a period of one year.
Note: The Fund cannot be used for international travel or non-research expenses.
Fonte As informações descritas acima foram obtidas na homepage da Financiadora.
Para maiores informações, clique aqui